In no particular order, here are the answers to the questions I've gotten....
- The Scituate Daily Photo Blog kicked off on December 31, 2009 and is part of the City Daily Photo community.
- I was born and grew up in the next town over, but fell in love with Scituate early in my life. It was a dream come true when my family was finally able to move here in 2009. Having followed Quincy Daily Photo for some time, I decided Scituate deserved its own Daily Photo blog and I am beyond thrilled that others are enjoying this project!
- Sometimes I'm trying to get a really amazing photograph - but sometimes I'm content with a simple shot that captures a moment or a place in time. I am not a professional photographer, nor do I pretend to be - I just like taking pictures.
- I try to use photographs that were taken recently if not on the very day that they are posted. The one clear rule is that there is a new photograph every day.
- Yes, I'm happy to take suggestions/requests for photographs. I'm happy to answer questions and hear your comments, too. You can leave a comment here or on the Facebook fan page, or email me directly - alicrehan (AT) scituatedailyphoto (DOT) com.
- It's pronounced SIT-CHOO-IT. (Although old timers pronounce it SIT-CHOO-ATE). The town's name is derived from Satuit, which is the Indian name for a brook flowing into the harbor. The area was first settled in about 1627 and officially recognized and incorporated in 1636.
- In the first year, all photographs were taken within town limits. Now that we're in year two, I may sometimes go beyond our town's borders if there's a place worth knowing about or an image worth sharing!
All photographs posted in this blog are the work of Ali Crehan unless otherwise noted. Re-use or re-posting of these images without prior consent is prohibited. Any inquiries may be directed to me at alicrehan(AT)scituatedailyphoto.com.